Not afraid of being different from Others?
- Let us go to the
This video says I am not afraid of being different from others.
- Then why am I different? Why not afraid? I have a background
different from those of my colleagues in physics research.
I have a strong Korean background and a strong high school background.
These backgrounds are different from those of my American colleagues.
- It is known that Einstein thoroughly studied Kant's philosophy
during his high-school years, but he became a Hegelian synthesizer
while developing his physical theories. Thus, we can end up with
- As for my Korean background, Kant and Hegel are popular names in Korea,
while they are strangers on American campuses. There is a Kant museum in
the Russian city of Kaliningrad
(Koenigsberg, East Prussia until 1945), and there is a Hegel museum in
In both museums, there are important books written about Kant and
Hegel respectively in different languages, including German, Russian,
French, etc., but no books written in English. There are books written
in Japanese in both museums, and there are books written in Korean at
the Hegel museum.
- In Korea, Kant and Hegel are very popular names. You have to
pretend to know about their philosophies even if you do not know anything
about them. Why?
The reason is very simple. Since 1400 AD, Korean brains have been configured according to Neo-Confucianism, which means the traditional Confucianism organized within the framework of Taoism. This organization was carried out by the Chinese scholar named Zhu Xi.
In Korea, this ideology is called "Zujahak." In terms of Western philosophies, this Zujahak serves as the bridge between Kant and Hegel, as described in this figure.
- It is known that Einstein could not talk well with Americans while
he lived in Princeton from 1933 to 1855, presumably because Kant and Hegel
are strangers to Americans.
I also have difficulties in talking with my American colleagues, and this is the reason why they say I am isolated. However, I am not isolated from Einstein. That is enough for me.
- As for the strong high-school background, you are invited to
- This elliptic squeeze plays the key role in constructing wave functions
for moving bound states in Einstein's Lorentz-covariant world.
Click here for details.
- This elliptic squeeze provides the scientific language for squeezed states of light in optical science. Click here for a detailed story.
- This elliptic squeeze plays the key role in constructing wave functions for moving bound states in Einstein's Lorentz-covariant world. Click here for details.
- Yes, different! Does anyone agree with me?
Click here for awards and recognitions.
Copyright@2021 by Y.S.Kim
- Click here for my home page.
- My photo-biography.
- Style page.
- World travel page.
- My Korean background.