You are invited to
- Young Suh Kim
Professor of Physics Emeritus
University of Maryland
College Park, Maryland 20742, USA.
- What does IAOTP mean? Click here.
- You can hear my interview with the Voice Only.
- In this interview, I am making efforts to bring to your attention the following
aspects of my life and my professional goal.
- My Korean background. Since I came from an Asian country, Americans assume
I am a buddhist. No.
My Christian background is much stronger than those of my American and European colleagues in science, even though I do not regard myself as a religious person. I formulated the concept of Herod Complex for the murderous competitive world of research scientists.
- My early interest in electrical instruments and long-distance communications.
During my hign school years, I had a shortwave radio listeining to the world.
I then became eager to talk to the world. Indeed, the internet technologoy was
developed to satisfy my personal need. Click here
for a story.
- My interest in Einstein and my decision to go to Princeton to meet Einstein. On March
12, 1958, while I was a fourth-year student at the Carnegie Institute of Technology,
I received a letter from Princeton University telling me that I ranked very high among the
15 students admitted to the graduate program in physics. This was the happiest day in
my life. Go to my my Princeton page.
Going to Princeton meant talking with Einstein. Einstein died there in 1955, I was going there in 1958. How could I talk to him? Click here to see how I talked to Einstein.
- Professional goal = get the full recognition for my the research result, which was to bridge the gap between Niels Bohr (hydrogen atom) and Albert Einstein (moving objects). Go to Bohr and Einstein on moving hydrogen.
- My Korean background. Since I came from an Asian country, Americans assume I am a buddhist. No.
International Association of Top Professionalswas nice enough to support the following webpage for me.
- Top Professor of the Year 2021.
- Click here for my home page.
- Princeton page.
- Travel around the World.
- Einstein page.
- Style page.
- Speaking of my high-school bacground,
I claim that I bridged the gap between Bohr and in Einstein using the mathematics I learned during my war-time high-school years in Korea. Are they going to accept my claim easily?