Friends from Britain
- Musicians in London.
I met them while walking from Covent Garden to Piccadilly Circus. I
was walking with Vladimir Man'ko whom I met unexpectedly in front of
the Covent Garden Opera House (1993).
Crabtree & Evelyn at New York's Rockefeller Center (2002).
- English Ladies in Windsor, after
afternoon tea (March 2004). Windsor is about 60 kilometers from London,
and the Windsor Castle is the residence of the Queen.
- English Lady working in the financial district in London (March 2004).
- English Lady from Manchester. I met this cheerful lady on a Delta flight from Manchester to New York (2007). Here is another photo.
- English Lady with her Granddaughter in London (2004).
- Police Officer at the Piccadilly Circus (March 2003).
- British mother and daughter. I met them in the breakfast room of the Hotel Tropicana in Las Vegas (2012). Many Europeans come to Las Vegas to satisfy their curiocity. So did I. It was my first trip to this city.
- Construction supervisor near the Victoria station in London (June 2013). The station is seen in this photo. The area in front of this station is going through a major reconstruction.
- Information officer on Oxford Street in London (2013).
- British lady relaxing at the rooftop terrace of new York's Metropolitan Mudeum of Art (2014).
- Cheeful lady I met near the Edgware Underground Station (2014). I asked her where the station is. A very cheerful and analytical lady.
- English Ladies in Windsor, after afternoon tea (March 2004). Windsor is about 60 kilometers from London, and the Windsor Castle is the residence of the Queen.
- Three young professors at
Harrow School. The Harrow means one of the two most prestigious
high schools in England.
Click here for a story.
Among the distinguished Harrow graduates are
Winston Churchill and
I met those young ladies at the Harrow book store, and I asked them when Harrow started admitting girls. They laughed and told me they are teachers. I then asked them whether the boys are behaving OK. They said they love their students. Here is my photo with Harrow boys.
- British professor from Birmingham. I was sitting next to this professor at a conference banquet table in Shanghai (July 2011). She travelled around the world, and was self-assured. I really enjoyed talking with her.
- Another British lady from Birmingham.
This photo was produced at the Rathkeller restaurant in Munich
- British Student in Toledo (Spain 2003).
She was travelling with her father. He pushed the camera button for us.
- British student in Ulm, Germany (2003). We noted that Einstein was born in this city. Click here for Einstein-related photos from Ulm.
- British Students at the Imperial College (London 2010).
- Two British Students at Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (2013). We shared a lunch table at the student center.
- Students from England at the Orsay Museum in Paris (2012).
- Two students on London subway on the first day of January (2012) after seeing the Thames firework.
- Lumix Fan in London. This
young lady was sitting in front of me in a London subway train. She was
carrying her Lumix camera, so was I. We praised each other for choosing
the right camera, and took photos of each other. In Europe, the Lumix is
the most popular camera brand, while Canon and Nikon dominate the
camera market in the United States. In London, I check its brand whenever
I meet a person with a camera. I still have to find someone in London
with a camera other than Lumix.
- Irish lady and her granddaughter,
in the lobby of the Hotel Pennsylvania in New York (November 2006).
They came from Dublin for vacation.
- British Airways Captain. I met her
at London's Heathrow Airport in September of 2014. She is very happy
to be captain and seems to enjoy being respected.
- British Airways, from London Heathrow to New York JPK (January 2007).
- Britsh Airways with the Captain (4 stripes) after a flight from London to Kiev (May 2010).
- Airlingus Irish Airlines in
the lobby of the Helmsley Hotel near the Grand Central Station in New York (2011).
- Virgin Atlantic Business Class during
a flight from London to Washington (March 2004).
- Virgin Atlantic Lady on a flight
from London to Washington (October 2006).
- In New York, I met these cheerful Virgin Atlantic ladies on Broadway at 32nd Street (March 2007).
- Check-in ladies at the Edinburgh Airport in Scotland (June 2013). Here is another photo. Beautiful and cheerful Scottish ladies.
- Virgin Atlantic Lady on a flight from London to Washington (October 2006).
- English Lady
working for Lufthansa (2003).
copyright@2019 by Y. S. Kim, unless otherwise specified.
How did he talk to Einstein?