- 1959, on the "President
Wilson" (oceanliner) sailing from San Francisco to Tokyo.
In 2006, she was a gradmother, but had a photo with the same swiming dress.
- In 1963 (July), at Orient Point, Long Island (NY) with a younger boy.
- 1963 (September), before
getting married (1963).
- Another photo (September).
- June, in Annapolis with her old friend she met in her freshman year.
- July, at a night club called "Latin Quarter" in New York.
- 1964 (July), with her husband in Madison, Wisconsin.
They drove their
Ford Fairlane to Madison from College Park.
- In the Cavern of Luray (Virginia, October 1964).
- Big Car. With her husband and the Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 (1964).
- 1965 (April). She became a mother,
and she had to do this. Here is
another photo of mother and son.
- 1966. Her son became one year old.
- 1967. Family photo.
- 1968 (December), with her husband at a
- 1969 (January), Her family
moved to a new house.
- with her Son in Connecticut.
Statue of Liberty in the background.
- 1970 (Summer), on a Staten Island ferry in
- 1971 (Spring), with her son.
- 1975, with her husband at Greenwich
Village (New York).
- 1979, in Ocean City, Maryland.
She was wearing her
swiming dress of 1969.
- 1982, with sailors from Finland on their
warship in the Baltimore harbor.
with their navy guns.
- 1983, with her son at Princeton's
Golf Course. She is so happy to see her son in college. Here is
- 1986, with her husband on a Potomac
cruise boat called "Dandy" in Washington, DC.
with Brooke Shields (Princeton 1987).
- 1987, with Brooke Shields in Princeton.
- with her son graduating from Princeton.
- with her husband who got his PhD degree from the same place in 1961.
- 1988, at the NASA Christmas Party.
- 1989. Family photo at the Ogunquik Lobster
Pound in Maine.
- Light House with her son in Maine.
- 1990, in her office at the
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Maryland.
- Building 23. Her office was in this building.
- Entrance to Building 23.
- Deers. One of the deers roaming around the NASA ground.
- NASA Lake. A pollution-free lake, and a great recreational resource for overworked NASA employees.
with her husband in Port Jefferson,
Long Island, New York
- 1991, on a ferry boat
from Port Jefferson (near Stony Brook, Long Island) to Bridgeport
(Connecticut). She was taking a vacation trip with her former
classmate who became her husband in 1963.
- 1992. Boston Harbor with her husband.
- with husband at Boston's Marriott Copley Plaza.
- 1993, in her son's condo at
872 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, Mass.
with her son, Harvard PhD (1994).
- 1994, her son received a PhD degree
- A family photo the day before graduation ceremony, at Boston's market place.
- Breakfast before the ceremony.
- Harvard Commencement of 1994.
- Harvard Square as always.
- 1995, with her husband in Annapolis, Maryland.
- Napoleon and Josephine,
New Orleans (1995).
- Fresh background.
- Mississippi Cruise. Before boarding the cruise boat in New Orleans.
Washington Monument and its reflection pool.
in a room at the Cicelianhof Palace (Potsdam, Germany).
- Napoleon and Josephine, New Orleans (1995).
- 1996 in Chicago, at Lake Michigan with her
- in Evanston, north of Chicago, home of Northwestern University.
- 1997, at a Greek Festival in
- Ogunquit Lobster Pound. Her favorite vaction spot in Maine.
- with her high-school classmate, named Sohn Jang-Soon. She is an estalished writer well known and well-respected in Korea. Her
- Another Photo at a dinner table.
- with her husband at one of the up-scale Chinese restaurants in Washington.
- Washington Monument and the reflection pool as the background.
- 1998, Paris, at La Closerie
des Lilas, which used to be Ernest Hemingway's favorite place.
- at the historic Cafe de Flore in Paris (1998).
- at the Night Club Lido in Paris (1998).
- Berlin's Brandenburg Gate (1998). The east
side of this famous landmark was still a deserted place, seven years after
the reunification of Germany. From 1945 to 1991, Berlin was a divided
city, and the Berlin Wall used to go through this area.
2010 at the same spot. Berlin became a capitalistic city.
In 2006, Germany hosted the Worldcup Football Meeting. This photo was alaso taken near the Brandenburg Gate.
- Potsdam, at the Cicelianhof Palace. In July of 1945, Churchill, Stalin and Truman got together and produced the Potsdam declaration. Inside the Palace.
at the Buckingham Palace Gate.
with a Korean boy six years younger.
He is now the president of Korea.
- 1999. at the Buckingham Palace
gate (London 1999).
While in London, she took this photo of her husband sharing an intimate conversation with a Russian violinist who studied under David Oistrakh. She looks like Tatyana Samoilova. This photo is now becoming popular is Russia. Read the attached story.
- New York Downtown, with one of the guards at the Federal Reserve Bank. There are gold chunks in the basement of this bank (January 1999). It was a warm day in January.
- Lee Myung-Bak. Washington is the capital city of the United States, and is also an important place for Korean politicians, especially for those with presidential ambitions. This person will be the president of Korea until 2013. He developed his presidential ambition while staying in Washington.
- This politician was a presidential candidate in 1997, in 2002, again in 2007. He was a nice man but lost in all three elections. He is still active in politics. He came to the United States in preparation for the 2002 election.
- with her Husband, on the campus of Princeton University (October 1999). Her husband looks happier with one extra woman. Click here for why.
with New York's World Trade Center (old) in the background. at St. Mark's Square in Venice
- 2000, with the World Trade Center
on a cross-Hudson ferry boat (January 2000).
The year 2000 was a very special year for us, and we would like to show you a number of photos taken during this year.
- Princeton. We spent four days there in May to appreciate fully the life style of Princeton graduates. We wear these shoes whenever we participate in Princeton's alumni events. Here is another photo taken during the reunion.
- Rome, and the trace of the
More Photos from Rome.
- Venice, with an Intalian businessman
(merchant of venice).
Venice, with her husband.
- In Trieste, with her husband (June 2000).
- at the Lincoln Center in New York (August 2000).
- with Teddy Kennedy, on a flight from Washington to Boston (September 2000).
- Ogunquit Lobster Pound (September 2000). This lobster pound has been our favorite place in Maine since 1967. This lobster man was a small boy in 1967. The town of Ogunquit appears in Marilyn Monroe's classic film entitled "Seven-Year Itch."
- 2001, in Toledo (Spain, March 2001).
- Family photo, after dinner at the Sorak Korean restaurant in Annandale, Virginia (April 2001).
- Baltimore, with Mexican navy officers (June 2001).
while vacationing in Maine (2002).
- 2002, at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Arts.
- with Students from Manchester (England), in the lobby of the Hotel Pennsylvania (New York, June 2002).
- Korean Bell Park in Los Angeles with her husband (2002).
- with her husband at the Nonamtum Resort, Kennebunkpoint (Maine, September 2002).
- at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Princeton with her husband.
- 2003, with the Captain, on the Lake Geneva (Switzerland).
- In Pittsburgh with her husband.
- In Genoa (Italy) with her husband in an old spaghetti house.
- In Firebird Russian Restaurant in New York with her husband, served by a young Russian lady tallet than her husband.
- At Columbia Hospital for Women with her son who was born there.
- 2004. Birthday Celebration at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Princeton (February 2004).
- with a tall man in Miami (Florida)
- with young financial analysts during their lunch hour in London.
- at Eton College near the Windsor College. Eton was built as a high school to educate young English boys how to run the British Empire. This photo shows how the Empire was built.
- with her husband in Frankfurt. Karl der Grosse (Charlemagne) is standing in the background.
- with American honeymooners at Munich's Hoffbrau-Haus.
- Entrance Lobby of the Empire State Building.
- at the Gift Shop in New Yor's Radio City Music Hall.
with her husband in Capri (Italy 2005)
- 2005. Breakfast at Ritz-Carton Hotel with her husband (Tyson's Corner, Virginia February 2005). Birthday celebration.
- Napoli, with her husband at a restaurant called "La Cantina dei Mille" on Piazza Garibaldi in Naples (March 2005).
- at the Capri Grotto with her husband.
- Caserta Palace with her husband.
- Sorrento at a hotel backyard.
- Pompeii, at a Greek-influenced house built 2,000 years ago.
- Wedding. Her son got married.
- Family Photo, now with her daughter-in-law.
St. Paul (France 2006).
- 2006, with husband in St. Paul (near Nice, France) known as the city of artists.
- Pebble Beach in Nice.
- Drink at the Beach.
- Dinner at a sidewalk cafe in Nice.
- in Bikni at a swimming pool in
a Virginia hotel.
More Coservative Dress, the same as the one in this 1959 photo.
- Mermaid in Copenhagen.
- Nofrete in Berlin's Egyptian Museum.
- Breakfast at Berlin's KaDeWe department store.
- President of Ukraine, Kiev with her husband.
- New Year's Eve Dinner in Vienna (December 31, 2006) at the restaurant Prachutta.
with a Swan in Prague (Czech), under the historic Charles bridge (2007).
- 2007. with Gengiz Han at the Instanbul Airport (January 2997).
- Delta Airline. with Delta Airlines piolts in New York.
- Manchester (England). with mounted police (April 2007).
- Renaissance Festival near Annapolis, Maryland.
- Noah's Ark Jewish restaurant (Krakaw) with her husband.
- Market Square (Krakaw) with Polish childrean.
- Musikverein (Vienna) with her husband.
- Warsaw (Poland). at the Old Town Square.
- Warsaw (Poland). Frederick Chopin statue is in the background.
- on a Korean Navy Ship in Baltimore with her husband (November 2007).
- Christmas in New York at Macy's on the 34th Street.
with a Ottoman soldiers at the Topkapi Palace in Istanbul (2008).
- 2008. Orlando, Florida (January 2008).
- Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral (Florida 2008).
- with Chelsea Clinton at the Univ. of Maryland.
- Cezanne House in Ax-en-Provance (France). In Van Cogh's city of Arles. enjoying at the town square.
- In Athens at the Acropolis Hill. with her husband in front of the Parthenon Temple.
- Topkapi Palace in Istanbul (Turkey).
- In Amsterdam with her husband.
- Warsaw Marriott with her husbnd (Poland).
- Vilnius with a Georgian physicist.
Another Georgian physicist. He is a graduate student at the Univ. of Maryland, and his family root is in Armenia.
- London with London Bobbies.
- Brussels with her husband, and with Euro uber Alles.
with an Eton boy at the Glouceter
station of the London metro system.
- 2009, at the Fair Oaks Shopping Maill with her husband. The 2008 Christmas decoractions were still there. This shopping mall in the Virginian subrurb of Washington, DC.
- Russian Tea Room in New York. This is one of the most expensice restaurants in New York. Look at the table. We did not order too much food.
- Royan Academy of Art in London. She went there with her husbamd to see the Palladio exhibition as well as the Byzantian art exhibition.
- Zakopane (Poland) with her husband and friends. Another photo from Zakopane.
- at Rome's Spanish Steps, with her husband.
- with a Eton student, and with a Harrow student. Koreans have an unreasonable respect for Eton and Harrow.
- She became a grandmother in April of 2009.
- Market Place in Helsinki. She was there with her husband.
- at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC.
- Maria Teresa's Golden Wagon in Olomouc, Czech Repulic.
- with her husband at the Old Town plaza in Prague.
Ludwing van Beethoven in Bonn.
Santorini Island in Greece (top).
Peter the Great in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 2010. with Ludwig van Beethoven in Bonn (Germany). Beethoven was born in Bonn, and his house is now a museum.
- Brandenburg Gate in Berlin. with a Soviet soldier near the Gate.
- Louvre Musuem in Paris, at
the Persian section.
- Gdansk (Poland). with her husband at a seafood restaurant called Pod Lososiem. This photo was taken while the NATO admirals were having a lunch inside one of the dining rooms. We met them while they were coming in and we were going out. Her husband had a photo with them. The lady admiral is from the United States and is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis..
- Ahtens (Greece) with her husband. Greek-style Dancing with Greeks.
- Santorini Island with her husband. Santorini Houses in the background.
- Red Square in Moscow. This place used to be a forbidden land during the good-ol Cold War era.
- Saint Petersburg (Russia). Catherine's
winter palace is in the background.
- with Peter the Great near the Church of resurrection in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Swedish Gentleman, a receptionist the Grand Hotel in Stockholm. Photos are not allowed inside the hotel, and he was kind enough to come out to produce this photo.
- with Queen Victoria at the Imperial College.
- London Bridge stone is not falling down.
with her son and grandchildren (top).
at the top of the Jesus Mountain in Rio.
Oktoberfest in Munich.
- 2011, with her son and grandchildren. Family Photo on grand daughter's first birthday.
- Iguassu Falls in Brazil, with her husband. with a palm tree at a Igussu resort hotel.
- In Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) with her husband at the top of the Jesus Mountain.
- In Shanghai with her husband. Shanghai's International Financial Center is in the background, during the night time.
- After a Tea Ceremony in Xian (China).
- Pyongyang Restaurant in Shenyang (China). There are many Korean residents in this city. There are three groups, consisting of those from South Korea, North Korea, and those who came before 1945. They seem to live in harmony.
- In Beijing, in front of the Ma Zhedong Gate.
- George Bush Estate in Maine.
- with a Young Man dressed like Jesus in New York.
- One of the Beer Halls at the Oktoberfest in Munich (Germany)
- with German Senior Citizens at the Oktoberfest in Munich. She is listening to a German WWII veteran who fought against Americans during the Normandy operation of 1944.
| on the President Wilson (cruise ship) from
San Francisco to Yokohama (Tokyo) in 1959. |
Ready to get married in 1963.
copyright@2011 by Y. S. Kim, unless otherwise specified.
photo of venus taken at the Louvre Museum in Paris (1998).