This page contains photos taken before the end of 2000 AD
- Click here for photos take after 2000 AD. Century.
- Click here for the latest photos.
on the President Wilson (cruise ship) from San Francisco to Yokohama (Tokyo) in 1959.
Ready to get married in 1963.
Her son become on year old in 1966.
Statue of Liberty in the background (New York Harbor 1970).
- 1959, on the "President
Wilson" (oceanliner) sailing from San Francisco to Tokyo.
- In 2006, she was a gradmother, but had a photo with the same swiming dress.
- In 1963 (July), at Orient Point, Long Island (NY) with a younger boy.
- 1963 (September), before
getting married (1963).
- Another photo (September).
- June, in Annapolis with her old friend she met in her freshman year.
- July, at a night club called "Latin Quarter" in New York.
- 1964 (July), with her husband in Madison, Wisconsin.
- They drove their Ford Fairlane to Madison from College Park.
- In the Cavern of Luray (Virginia, October 1964).
- Big Car. With her husband and the Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 (1964).
- 1965 (April). She became a mother,
and she had to do this. Here is
another photo of mother and son.
- 1966. Her son became one year old.
- In Ottawa, with her her husband and his friends.
- 1967. Family photo.
- 1968, in front of Harry Truman's house
in Independence, Missouri.
- 1968 (December), with her husband at a year-end party.
- 1969 (January), Her family
moved to a new house.
- with her Son in Connecticut.
- 1970 (Summer), on a Staten Island ferry in
- With her son while in Middletown (Connecticut).
- With her son on the Westpoint campus, in front of Douglas MacArthur's statue.
- 1971 (Spring), with her son at her house yard.
- 1972 (summer), with her husband at the patio
of their house.
- At Columbia Unversity with her son.
- 1973, with her husband in Annapolis,
Maryland. Here is another photo.
- 1974. Family photo at the Nassau Inn
- 1975, with her husband at Greenwich
Village (New York).
- 1979, in Ocean City, Maryland.
She was wearing her
swiming dress of 1969.
- 1982, with sailors from Finland on their
warship in the Baltimore harbor.
- with their navy guns.
- At Cornell University, with her son.
- At the Harvard ground, with her son and frriends.
- With her son at the MIT ground. The Charles River is seen in the background.
So happy at Princeton. Princeton husband and Princeton son (1984).
With Brooke Shields
- 1983, with her son at Princeton's
Golf Course. She is so happy to see her son in college. Here is
- 1984, on the campus of Princeton University,
so happy to have a Princeton son and a Princeton husband.
- 1985, Pearl Buck's abandoned house
at Danby. Vermont.
- 1986, with her husband on a Potomac
cruise boat called "Dandy" in Washington, DC.
- 1987, with Brooke Shields in Princeton.
- with her son graduating from Princeton.
- with her husband who got his PhD degree from the same place in 1961.
- 1988, at the NASA Christmas Party.
- 1989. Family photo at the Ogunquik Lobster
Pound in Maine.
- Light House with her son in Maine.
- 1990, in her office at the
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Maryland.
- Building 23. Her office was in this building.
- Entrance to Building 23.
- Deers. One of the deers roaming around the NASA ground.
- NASA Lake. A pollution-free lake, and a great recreational resource for overworked NASA employees.
with her husband in Port Jefferson,
Long Island, New York (1991).
- 1991, on a ferry boat
from Port Jefferson (near Stony Brook, Long Island) to Bridgeport
(Connecticut). She was taking a vacation trip with her former
classmate who became her husband in 1963.
- 1992. Boston Harbor with her husband.
- 1993, in her son's condo at
872 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, Mass.
with her son, Harvard PhD (1994).
on a trolley car in New Orleans (1995).
- 1994, her son received a PhD degree
- A family photo the day before graduation ceremony, at Boston's market place.
- Breakfast before the ceremony.
- Harvard Commencement of 1994.
- Harvard Square as always.
- 1995, with her husband in Annapolis, Maryland.
- Napoleon and Josephine,
New Orleans (1995).
- Fresh background.
- Mississippi Cruise. Before boarding the cruise boat in New Orleans.
- on New Orleans trolley car. New Orleans trolley cars are like "Electric cars" in Seoul before 1960. Those in Seoul were made by the Mitsubishi of Japan, and the N.O. cars were made by G.E. Mitsubishi copied from GE. Here is a story about Seoul's Electric Cars.
- Napoleon and Josephine, New Orleans (1995).
- 1996 in Chicago, at Lake Michigan with her
- in Evanston, north of Chicago, home of Northwestern University.
- at a lakeside cafe in Columbia, Maryland. north of Chicago, home of
- Another lakeside photo with her husband.
at a Greek festival.
- 1997, at a Greek Festival in
- Ogunquit Lobster Pound. Her favorite vaction spot in Maine.
- with her high-school classmate, named Sohn Chang-Soon. She is an estalished writer well known and well-respected in Korea.
- Another Photo at a dinner table.
- with her husband at one of the up-scale Chinese restaurants in Washington.
- In front of the Boston house where John F. Kennedy was born.
- Washington Monument and the reflection pool as the background.
At the Cabaret Lido in Paris.
In a room at the Cicelianhof Palace (Potsdam, Germany).
- 1998, Paris, at La Closerie
des Lilas, which used to be Ernest Hemingway's favorite place.
- With her husband. The Cathedral of Notre Dame is seen in the background.
- Berlin's Brandenburg Gate (1998). The east
side of this famous landmark was still a deserted place, seven years after
the reunification of Germany. From 1945 to 1991, Berlin was a divided
city, and the Berlin Wall used to go through this area.
- Potsdam, at the Cicelianhof Palace. In July of 1945, Churchill, Stalin and Truman got together and produced the Potsdam declaration. Inside the Palace.
at the Buckingham Palace Gate.
with a Korean boy six years younger.
He is now the president of Korea.
- 1999. at the Buckingham Palace
gate (London 1999).
While in London, she took this photo of her husband sharing an intimate conversation with a Russian violinist who studied under David Oistrakh. She looks like Tatyana Samoilova. This photo is now becoming popular is Russia. Read the attached story.
- New York Downtown, with one of the guards at the Federal Reserve Bank. There are gold chunks in the basement of this bank (January 1999). It was a warm day in January.
- Lee Myung-Bak. Washington is the capital city of the United States, and is also an important place for Korean politicians, especially for those with presidential ambitions. This person will be the president of Korea until 2013. He developed his presidential ambition while staying in Washington.
- This politician was a presidential candidate in 1997, in 2002, again in 2007. He was a nice man but lost in all three elections. He is still active in politics. He came to the United States in preparation for the 2002 election.
- with her Husband, on the campus of Princeton University (October 1999). Her husband looks happier with one extra woman. Click here for why.
with Teddy Kennedy on a flight from Washington to Boston.
at St. Mark's Square in Venice
- 2000, with the World Trade Center
on a cross-Hudson ferry boat (January 2000).
The year 2000 was a very special year for us, and we would like to show you a number of photos taken during this year.
- Princeton. We spent four days there in May to appreciate fully the life style of Princeton graduates. We wear these shoes whenever we participate in Princeton's alumni events. Here is another photo taken during the reunion.
- Rome, and the trace of the
More Photos from Rome.
- Venice, with an Intalian businessman
(merchant of venice).
Venice, with her husband.
- In Trieste, with her husband (June 2000).
- at the Lincoln Center in New York (August 2000).
- with Teddy Kennedy, on a flight from Washington to Boston (September 2000).
- Ogunquit Lobster Pound (September 2000). This lobster pound has been our favorite place in Maine since 1967. This lobster man was a small boy in 1967. The town of Ogunquit appears in Marilyn Monroe's classic film entitled "Seven-Year Itch."
- Click here for photos taken after 2000 AD.
copyright@2011 by Y. S. Kim, unless otherwise specified.
photo of venus taken at the Louvre Museum in Paris (1998).