- Confmenu: Conferences
- Jobmenu: Job openings in Physics
- Proceedings: Online Proceedings
- Physics Stories. Show and Tell
You are invited to submit your paper to a special issue of
the "Symmetry" journal dedicated to
Harmonic Oscillators in Modern Physics
Starting from two coupled oscillators, Paul A. M. Dirac derived two coupled
Lorentz groups allowing mass variations. In so doing,
Dirac pulled out many other rabbits from his hat of oscillators.
- he derived the O(3,2) group for space-time symmetries,
- two-mode squeezed states,
- symmetries of the Poincaré sphere,
- Sp(4) symmetries in classical mechanics.
Even for us, it is fun to play around with harmonic oscillators.
You are invited to send your fun paper(s) to
this special issue.